Sunday, October 14, 2007

Here I am again...

at midnight with a cranky baby. Things had been going SO well - I've been SO good to stay off of the major gas causing foods since Sunday and have been thrilled to see such great improvements. She has been smily and so adorable and wonderful. I was even happier to note that I have been eating all the chocolate I can handle and it didn't seem to affect her :) Then I blew it. Thursday I had a little bit of scrambled egg - something we had earlier suspect was a problem. Sure enough the next day she was a little fussier than normal, but not too bad. Friday as soon as Daddy got home the 2 big girls and I ran away to go shopping by ourselves without any crying babies, temper tantrum throwing 2 years olds or Daddy's that don't like to show. To kick off our evening we stopped by their favorite restaurant - Taco Bell. We all ordered the same thing - bean burrito, no sauce or onions, add sour cream. Hmmm, now I've had 1 1/2 burritos full of beans, cheese and sour cream. And guess what!! It's 12:37AM and I am up with a fussy baby! What a surprise. You never know until you try it out though - right! The dumb part is that I had beans AND dairy - so which one is it? Or is is both? Or is it a coincidence? Oh well. I managed to find another weeks worth of meals without dairy, beans or broccolli and it's not exactly the same as last week and I found a few other snacks (besides chocolate) to eat. It was quite depressing actually - I finally started walking last week (after finding a double jogger on Craig's list - YEA!!!!) yet I probably gained weight from eating lots of chocolate since I couldn't have most of the food that I like last week. Oh well, my little one has been SO incredibly adorable the last few days and I've really been enjoying it and REALLY wish I had tried this diet thing a little harder a lot earlier!!! Opps - she just woke up again screaming!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Sarah, you gotta kick the chocolate habit for your OWN good! I don't think I've ever seen the word chocolate so many times in one paragraph! :) Buy some celery! :)

Eric, Kelly, Tyler, Xander, and Liam said...

Your little one is absolutely adorable and probably when she cries too. Love those cheeks! Sometimes chocolate just makes you feel better, especially when you can't have all that other good stuff.