Sunday, May 4, 2008

Our Big Bike Week!

So, despite my kids being pretty physical, we've had a block when it comes to riding a bike without training wheels. Despite many attempts it still wasn't happening. Last week we decided it was time to try again and mentioned it to M and she agreed. A few days later we were playing outside after school and I casually mentioned to M that she should go grab the small bike without training wheels and try it. She thought about it for a second and decided to give it a try. I refuse to run around holding onto a bike (and keep track of a crawling infant!) so I help it for her and took a few steps and let her go. After 10 minutes she had riding down! YEA!!! E got on and after a few minutes had it too!!! HOORAY!!! The next day Daddy took the training wheels off of the girls big bikes and put training wheels onto the little bike for Mg. We practiced that a little bit and the next day after dinner we took them to a bike path right behind our house. It is great - it is a nice wide straight paved bike path about 3 blocks long...perfect! I've spent most of the spare time this week on that path with the girls (sweet A just smiles and eats snacks!) . On Saturday Daddy was at an all day conference so I walked A and hte big girls rode their bikes to a park close by and they did great! When Daddy got home he was very impressed with their progress and we he hitched up the bike trailer for A and Mg and we headed out on a big family bike ride to a different park (it was too far for Mg on her small bike)! I'm so proud of all the girls and they're doing so well!

These videos are from that first day on the bike path - the girls are really excited to share them!

No comments: