Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Favorites

A few new favorites have turned up in life that I must share...

My grandmommy introduced me to these a few weekends ago and I am in heaven. It just happened to be on sale last week and I wish I had bought one more bag. I like dark chocolate but was not impressed with theirs. However their "milk chocolate with a meltaway center" is to die for...I can't understand why I'm not losing weight!!!

Another favorite

Our library recently had a used book sale and I was able to purchase the entire series - I read these as a kid and I still love them!!!! It has been a lot of fun rereading them (you can see my intectual level lately - "Little House on the Prairie" books and webkinz!)

A few week ago M brought home this book from her reading group - it's a 20ish page full color book with the text taken from the little house on the praire books. It's wonderful and she absolutely loves them! I was so excited! We then discovered our library has many of the books from this series as well as a chapter book series which is probably a little more appropriate for her reading level but right now she loves the pictures in these books - they are gorgeous! (don't click on the picture hoping to search inside - it's a picture from amazon.com - you can go there to look inside!)

And my last current favorite - a website my sister sent me


It's full of instructions and pictures on how to do little girls hair - and my girls and I are having lots of fun since we discovered it yesterday. She also has a link to "girly dos by jen" that we like. The websites inspired these "dos" for school today (I must tell you they were done VERY quickly this morning and without any practice but I was pleased for a first attempt and no time to make corrections!)...



A favorite activity of the girls to do at home is their new jump ropes. The pe teacher at the girls school was selling the speed jump ropes as well as the double dutch ropes so I got some specific for the girls size and they are having lots of fun trying all new tricks including the one E is showing here. She can even jump with a ball bouncing and M is mastering the "double under." Daddy and some neighbors even had fun the other night trying to jump double dutch (with two ropes)...M and E were both able to get in and do it (daddy did better turning the ropes than jumping!)


And last but not least we must share Daddy's new favorite thing...


He found some speakers on Craig's list that he has been wanting to buy for a year or two. His subwoofer gives him great delight as he plays computer games with his buddies on Wednesday night and he is a happy man wandering around with his cute little boy grin! :) Life is good!

No comments: