Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to School!

Today was the big day! They have been so excited the last several days (especially as they thought about their new clothes!). M knew what to expect although she really wanted to know which friends were in her class. E was so excited for all the new things that first grade brings - her own desk, recess on the big playground, lunch at school, computer lab, etc. We had to explain that she wouldn't do high school buddies, computer lab and other such things all on the first day but that it would come! She actually has the same teacher M did last year and I think she was happy with that since she was familiar with it. E has been SO excited and did great today! She was most excited about her desk and having the chance to hold their classroom pet, Azul, the leopard gecko. M was happy to see her teacher was really nice (apparently she met her once last year when the teacher was grumpy) and she had a few good friends in the class (and several she did NOT like were not in the class this year!) and there were lots of great stuff in her room. Should be a great year for both :)

Apparently we went for style not pretty this year :) You can't tell but her entire shirt is covered in sequins!!!
Isn't she adorable! I can't believe she's a first grader already!
I love this kid - always wants to be like her big sisters :) Isn't her smile adorable! She's been REALLY apprehensive about the school year coming (she's been really clingy and needing extra attention) but I think she'll be happy having mommy to herself again, especially when A is down for a nap! She doesn't seem to like change and she's known something was coming but she did well today.
Her own desk!
Already hard at work!!!
I'm sad - the summer seemed to go by so fast and I miss having all my girls around me but I know it will be good for A and Mg to get a little more attention and I have this wild idea that since I'm not picking up a kindergartener I might be able to work on some long put off projects after lunch while Mg has a quiet time (video) and A sleeps. We'll see - I'm not getting my hopes up!!! The girls all seem happy and I'm so grateful to live in a great place with great schools and wonderful friends - hooray for life!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad they are enjoying school so far! Are you guys going to do another preschool group with the young ones? Now that we are all settled here Blaise has started taking nice long naps everyday and I'm enjoying getting so much done and still having alone time with Rae!

Julie J. said...

I love the sequin shirt. I think its pretty and stylish!