What a title. At least you had warning. ****CAUTION**** Graphic post to follow!!!
So poor little A has a diaper rash. She's had it for about 5 days without improvement. The ever-so-helpful advice nurse suggested I put athlete's foot cream on it (now why didn't I think of that!) and let her go around without a diaper on. Of course. No problem! She is such an amazing 13 month old that she will tell me that she needs to go potty. Except she forgot. Being brilliant I took her outside to shoot the breeze. I called Daddy on the phone and told him what we were doing. We were outside for no more than 3 minutes and she pooped. Then she grabbed it. I hung up with Daddy and was grateful that she was right next to me and I caught it right away. Of course our apartment complex does not have any hose hookups so I wiped it up and then got buckets of water to rinse things off. I called Daddy back to tell him the story. He paused and then said "I'm sorry you're having a crappy day." I reminded him how lucky he was to be male and to have a job where he was not at home. Granted, I wouldn't change my life for anything and I'm very grateful to be able to be home like I am with them, but there are moments like this that I wish would happen on Saturday when he is here!
So today I wisened up. We were having a playdate with some friends in the afternoon and we decided to go outside. I changed A's poopy diaper and then assumed she was done and we tried our advice nurse's suggestion again. We're all having a nice time and I'm chatting with my friend and midconversation I stop...I smell poop. Yes, she did it again but this time IN the playhouse where I couldn't see or smell until it was WAY too late. She has picked it up and put it on the walls, she has stepped in it and gotten it all over the ground (not to mention herself) and is now walking out of the playhouse leaving a trail. Thankfully my friend was able to stay with the big kids while I raced her to the bathtub then diapered her then went and used an insane amount of wipes and buckets of water.
It's days like this when you roll your eyes and think that surely tomorrow will go better! At least the kid is cute (actually this one is adorable and has been extra cuddly the last few days so all is forgiven!). And you can all be grateful I don't have pictures!
2 years ago

5 comments:
I can't believe A is 13 months already! What a funny story-Lucy has had a bad daiper rash too and I tried the same thing. I won't try it again though-I had poop all over my living room floor. Thank heavens we're renting:)
-Christy Leininger
try feeding her some yogurt. It could be a yeast infection.
Yea, it's a yeast infection. It wasn't getting better, ended up taking her in, the athlete's foot cream wasn't the right kind so we got another one and let's keep out fingers crossed!
Oh Sarah, that's terrible. I love your blog and I love the picture of your bruise, you are one tough mom! As I see Amy climbing all over everything it's only preparing me for what's to come....LOL
That doesn't sound fun AT ALL!
Post a Comment