Thursday, October 9, 2008

That's MINE!!!!

The other day I was getting lunch ready or something and A came to check out the fridge. She does this often - the child is obsessed with food. Apparently I was caught the other day sneaking chocolate chips from the bottom drawer of the fridge. So when A found the fridge open she decided the time was right and, she was rewarded. Yes, that is a Costco size bag of chocolate chips (and it tasted GOOD!!!). While I was getting something else out of the fridge she went for the drawer, managed to get it open (The child is only 13 months!!) , grabbed the chocolate bag and made a run for it.

Yes, she was even smart enough to run away with it! At this point I chose the "grab the camera and watch to see what happens route" and was greatly rewarded...
She chose a random location (on top of a stuffed animal) and was dismayed to discover that she would have to dig down to the bottom of the bag. But she kept her eye on the prize and kept going!
As soon as she got the prize she squealed and again took off on a run, tightly grabbing the now melting chocolate chips. (and yes that is Mg next to her who now realizes what is going on and is hoping to get some too!)
She then chose another random location to sit and STUFF the handful of chocolate chips into her mouth. Child, you do your mom (and grandma, and great grandma and great great grandma!!!) proud!
And this is Mg right after - she who used to HATE cameras now turns into a ham whenever the camera is pulled out.."Mommy take my picture!!" Of course the head goes down if I WANT her to pose but progress is good!! Isn't she cute!

Moral of the story: if your 1 year old can find your chocolate chips YOU"RE NOT HIDING IT WELL!!!! (sorry mom, grandma, great grandma...I've still more to learn!)

5 comments:

KPackard said...

That is awesome--my kind of girl! I love your humor, Sarah, and your girls are so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a doll! Reading this makes me want to go dig some chocolate out of my fridge. Katie and I really enjoy reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

Her aunt is very proud too. Next she will be hiding candy bar wrappers under her mattress like her mother...

Brittany said...

Awww we miss you guys!

JD said...

You guys look like you are having so much fun can't wait to join in tomorrow night:)