Saturday, November 1, 2008

Disclaimer:

Daddy thinks the last post needs a disclaimer. I hate Halloween. Why should I buy a bunch of candy that we don't have money for and no one needs (especially my fat folds!) and then have to come up with costumes. My costume philosophy - look in the dress-up box. I'll buy you a $5 accessory and we're done. Do they REALLY have to make princess costumes that cost $40!!!!! Honestly!!! Even if I had just one kid and we were rich and famous give me one good reason why my kid needs to wear a $40 costume for one night at night-time when no one will see it (our school does not allow costumes on Halloween). Then we add in Halloween parties that keep the kids up late at night - so we have kids waking up at insane hours of the morning because they're so excited they can't sleep and then going to bed late so by the time we get to Halloween night they're so tired they can't stay awake and Tinkerbell is too tired to get her costume on so she trick or treats in the leotard she happened to have on when we left. Now I have grumpy girls that don't want to clean the house because they're tired (even though Mommy has spent tons of time and energy preparing food, parties, pumpkins, costumes, etc) and constantly fight and ask for candy. And I'm supposed to LIKE this holiday!!!

On top of that it is fall. I don't like fall. Okay, I am enjoying the pretty trees, but it's getting colder (I hate the cold) and darker and it's raining (yuk) and all the pretty butterflies and flowers have gone away and the weather man told us to say good-bye to 80 degree weather last week and that just depresses me.

And on top of that WHOEVER created the dumb idea of daylight savings time obviously never had kids. Great...now instead of the baby waking everyone up at 6:00AM she'll wake them up at 5:00AM and they will be more tired. What a dumb idea.

And did I mention I DON'T need more candy in the house - I've gained enough weight lately, thank you, and this stupid (excuse me...not my favorite) holiday isn't helping, nor is the weather since it isn't much fun to exercise in the rain and it's too dark to play soccer at night!!!

Did I explain myself well enough? Are my feelings clear? I hope so. Daddy was concerned about my Halloween post - do you understand it now? Good. How many days until spring?

6 comments:

Glenn and Doreen said...

You go tell 'em! And I feel you about the cold. I hate it too!

B.G. Christensen said...

It's okay, we can still be friends even though we disagree on such an important issue as Halloween. And I do agree with you on the daylight saving thing.

Pao said...

haaa! party pooper!ha ha ha.I told my kids this is the last year I'll buy you costumes.May be I don't or may be I will..oh! and I hate cold too!

Julie said...

I Love You!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I know you hate Halloween, but thanks for posting the pictures for me. It's so fun to look at them while talking to the girls. You know they'll always love dress ups because they're my granddaughters! Besides, they'll wear them more than once a year.
Love,
Vickie

Julie J. said...

All valid reasons!