Monday, November 17, 2008

Request...

I'm looking for a really good sugar cookie recipe. I love going to the Safeway bakery - they have the lightest thick sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles in the plastic container....you know what I'm talking about?

Mmm...and speaking of Safeway's bakery...when I have to go to the grocery store and I'm tired and grumpy my special treat is Safeway's sugar cookies with large M&M's baked in. You know which ones I'm talking about? The large cookies you can buy individually or in a plastic box with a mixed variety. Yum. Anyone know how to make those?

Thanks!!!

1 comment:

Cheney Family said...

I've been wondering how the stores make them too. From looking online, the only thing I see that is different than the typical recipe is to roll out the dough with powdered sugar rather than flour. They also say that the ratio of sugar to milk (or juice if you want a flavor) has everything to do with how thick or thin they are, but not one tells you what ratio gives you what consistency. >< I'm going to the store today and will ask the bakery how they do it :) Then we should get together with a huge amount of ingredients and have a baking day with the kids till we find the best recipe lol.