Friday, November 7, 2008

Some New Favorites

I think this is one of the very few things I have ever bought the kids just for fun and when it first came out (I'm cheap!). Given E's past history and her passionate love of all Barbie movies I wasn't too worried. It wasn't my favorite but it was good, and guess what E (and Mg) want for Christmas!!
The girls had great reports from the parent teacher conferences (M needs to work on quick math facts, E needs to neaten up her handwriting) so we took the family to the school book fair. They had seen this book when they went with their class to see the books at the book fair and the girls were laughing about it at dinner and guess what Daddy convinced Mg to pick out :) I wish you could hear Daddy reading it!! (Aargh!)
This was the first book fair book I heard about and sure enough E picked it out and I can't tell you the number of times it's been read by anyone in the house that can read in the last 24 hours!

We've discovered two new series from the Scholastic Book club...and Hooray!! they're only $2 a book! This series is about several butterfly friends and their little adventures. Cute little chapter book, simple, basic and wonderful. E's starting to read it with a little help from me and M devours it in less than an hour. We just ordered the third book in the series and there are several little girls waiting anxiously for it to arrive!This is the other series we've discovered. The books are harder to read than the Butterfly Meadows book but M has REALLY been enjoying them (I'm not sure if E started any yet). M even has her background on the computer set to a picture similar to the book cover...pink, sparkles, unicorns - what more could you want! A little more involved plot dealing with friendship issues and such but cute and wonderful.

A is still totally infatuated with kitties right now and is SO busy!!! Constantly walking, climbing and getting into trouble. She's learned that she can climb on our small step ladder and reach things on the counter (I forget and then all of a sudden here she comes walking with a bag of blueberry muffins to me waiting for me to open it!!!). If you leave the fridge open at all she's right there getting out cheese! She knows what she wants and she's out to get it!! She's JUST starting to be an imp (great) and developing quite the sense of humor.

Mg loves being read to - we're having lots of fun! Both M and E are enjoying reading to her. After the big girls are at school and A is down for a nap I tickle her and sit on her and give her as many kisses and hugs as she can stand inbetween tickles and then she snuggles up in my lap and is SO content to just sit with me. No TV, no books, just her and mommy. Eventually she'll get some books and we'll read and life is good. I love my snuggler! She also LOVES her gymnastics class and preschool. Never a dull moment at our house!!! :) We love it that way!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Rae loves those pirate books too. We borrow them from the library often.

How fun to have readers in the family. I can't wait till Rae can read to her siblings.

Jo Lynn said...

All I have to say is it's quite apparent you have ALL girls, so funny!!!!

I'm sure your very used to pink and everything princess. I love that they love to read!