Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful...

Thanksgiving keeps going! Our maintenance person was here this morning to check out our "flood." Apparently he has a new emergency maintenance phone number but it's not on our office answering machine! :) He looked around and said we did a great job drying the carpets and he'll need to repaint a small section of the wall but that's easy to do and he'll get to it sometime. I asked if this had happened before in our apartment and he smiled and said all of the apartments here have flooded at least once and we did a great job and no harm done! He told us not to worry about anything and he'll repaint the wall soon and retape the crack in the ceiling when we move out. We feel SO blessed! THANKS Grandma and Grandpa for all your help and advice!! I'll post some pictures of the fun we had with them in a few days!

(PS Grandma - you left your brush here!)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I miss Safeway.
Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving. I'm sorry to be getting back to your comment so late. I need your new email address, but since I can't find it here's an answer to your question: YWCA stands for Young Women Christian Association. Here in the US, the Christian part has largely dropped out, but they are still very socially motivated. Having a gym (that offers scholarships to us poor) is just one of the things they do. I love 'em!