Saturday, January 10, 2009

Already???

M and E wore my socks to school yesterday. And it didn't really look bad - the only reason I noticed was because E came to me very excited that she was wearing brown shoes, brown socks and brown pants. Except she doesn't HAVE brown socks...only I do. And they weren't that big on her. Sigh. They're ALL going to pass me before their 12th birthday :)

And why do they have to be so much like us? I was minding my business almost 45 minutes after they were put to bed and I heard a small crash upstairs. E and Mg were definately asleep. So I ask M "Are you awake?" She hesitates and then shakes her head. How many times did my Daddy carry me from the car to my bed even though I was wide awake and just "pretending" I was asleep (as if he didn't know...I love you Daddy!). I noticed the bathroom light was on (in the room right next to the girls). I open up the door and look around and there is some paper that M was writing a note to us on...something about how we're so sweet. Now I'm (internally) laughing since I was notorious for staying up late and I can't get mad since she's writing about how sweet I am. And it is just occuring to me that I usually stayed up late READING by my night light or the street lamp post outside and I BET THAT CHILD WAS UP THERE READING AND I DIDN'T EVEN CHECK!!!!!!! Hello...if she's so much like me then maybe I should have checked that.

And why do I suspect she was reading a book...because Daddy was given my parents old but fabulous surround sound speakers and so as a graduation gift from his parents he was going to buy a receiver for them. After MUCH study and online shopping he finally figured out which ones he wanted so we took a family trip to one of my husbands very favoritest places on earth...Fry's electronics. He wanted to actually see and hear it. Turns out people don't demo receivers, just speakers and he thought he had seen a better price for the receiver online and was going to get it at home. It just so happened that there is a book store down the street that we had a gift card for and wanted to use so we went to the book store and they each got a new book, which is why I suspect she is up there reading. And I missed it. You'd think I of ALL people would have figured that out.

To finish the Daddy story we came home, put the kids to bed and went online to order the receiver...and the price had jumped from a few hours before (on amazon...grr) and it turns out Fry's has the best deal, so he is now on his way BACK to the store before it closes to pick it up :) And I'm realizing this is a REALLY long and BORING post...this is what happens when I stay up way to late scrapbooking and then play soccer (which I haven't done in several weeks). The legs hurt, the brain doesn't function and my incredible ability to RAMBLE takes over the fingers and you have to suffer (if any of you are still reading at this point).

Now, on to check that book...let's see how quietly I can sneak up the stairs :) Good night everyone!

UPDATE!!! :)
Hee Hee :) Despite VERY sore legs I sneaked up the stairs and was dismayed to find that I had LEFT THE STAIR LIGHT ON!!! Talk about helping the kid out!! :) I was able to quietly peek through the door and yup, there's the kid reading. I loudly whispered "PUT THE BOOK AWAY" and boy did she jump! That was fun :) I now ha
ve book and hopefully MY child will go to sleep ") And if you're curious this is the new book we found at the book store...There are a bunch of us that routinely discuss book series so here's my review (before reading the book)...The kids really enjoyed the Breyer Stablemates horses series and this is the Breyer Wind Dancers series that we discovered tonight...it's a 78 page book, 8 chapters and nice 1/2 page color picture every few pages and a little color on each page. Haven't read it yet but it looks good. There are 4-5 books in the series. For those of you looking for an easier horse book we really recommend the Breyer stablemates series (Lucky, Patch...) nice color pictures and short chapters. E can read those easily by herself now, this new Wind Dancer book is great for M but the others will enjoy hearing it and looking at the pictures. Now I'm serious....good night :)

1 comment:

Jo Lynn said...

Super cute pictures and such a funny story!!! Why tell her to put the book away if you know she's going to find another one and another source of light??? :) Oh, by the way I loved your hair today, it's so wavy, thick and stunningly beautiful!!!