Saturday, January 31, 2009

"I Feel Good (na na na na na na na!"

The upstairs is cleaned out and up!! All corners cleaned out, all furniture pulled out and hidden treasures cleaned up, all clothing sorted and boxed, and it feels good! I've been working for the last week to clean out every box, clothes drawer, closet, etc. This is not easy when there are cute little helpers to mix your piles up!! I've been anxious to clean things out so that eventually when we move we just have to throw it into boxes and not have to sort through stuff. We delivered 6 boxes worth of stuff to DI this morning and countless bags of trash have made it out of the house throughout the week (it is AMAZING HOW many papers come home from school and end up in a sort pile!). It is SO much easier to clean out when you think "do I want to move this" and it's even easier when you think "do I want to store this" since most of our stuff will (hopefully!) go into storage for the summer. Really, I don't need most of my college notes (no matter HOW good the class was) and I'm sorry but I will never be a size 5 or even 8 again..hips don't shrink. Sigh. And those clothes that have made it through 4 kids and LOOK like it really shouldn't even be donated and those clothes that we have but the kids just didn't wear for whatever can be loved by someone else. Tonight Daddy helped me finish condensing boxes (I only wanted one box for 2T clothes instead of 2) and got them all nicely packed away into the closet and then I vacummed and surveyed my work and man do I feel GOOD!!!! (Okay, I'm sore from playing soccer today, but happy with my work). Now, onto the downstairs!! :)

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Yeah! I know how that is. It is so peaceful to have a project like that done. After I do something like that, I always wish I had done it sooner. Congratulations on being one step closer to the big move! We hate to see you go but are so happy for you!

Ashley said...

I'm pretty much addicted to organizing and clearing stuff out! Since we'll be moving again this summer I got rid of all but one box of girl clothes as soon as I found out we are having a boy! It definitely makes it easier when it comes time to move. Yay for cleaning up - even when the little "helpers" want to be so involved! When I was going through the girl clothes Rae wanted to try every single item, even if it was a onesie! :)

Jo Lynn said...

You are awesome Sarah, way a go on your house!!!!
I have to tell you how much I enjoyed your testimony and I admit, I'm jealous of you right now! I want to get back to that point where "life is good". I know we all have to go through hurdles, but I yearned to be you yesterday as I listened to you. Thank you for sharing...
Oh, thank you for calling Stacy as well, I appreciate you looking out for me! :)

Julie J. said...

Sam and I just did this together in his room. And even though he didn't get rid of as much as I would have liked, it seems like less because it all has a place and is put away. We both felt great after, and he's doing a good job keeping it up. I need to do the cupboards in my kitchen. Anyway, good job!!

Aida said...

Awsome Sarah- the precleaning process takes so much time but makes moving so much easier. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Thanks again for putting everything on a blog for us to look at. We loved looking at all the pictures and happening of your family.
We're also looking forward to you moving!
Love,
Vickie