Tuesday, May 26, 2009

MONTEREY!!!!!

Monterey is my heaven on earth. I think it is one of the most beautiful places and I never get tired of it. Since there is the possibility that we will be moving soon I told Daddy that I wanted to take the kids there before we move and it worked out that we went Mother's Day weekend. It was a perfect trip. We started out at the beach in Pacific Grove. M followed me out to the big rocks so we could watch the waves crash on them up close. We had to go quickly since the tide was coming in and I didn't want to get stuck out there :)

All of the girls loved searching for hermit crabs in the water
M liked getting wet :)
A had fun discovering the tide pools with Daddy
I will never get tired of this coastline!
We moved on after lunch to Asilomar beach around the point where the girls had lots of fun playing in the waves...M and E LOVED "surfing"....running out to the waves and holding their feet in the sand while the waves raced back out to the ocean...it's a great feeling (even if they weren't really surfing!)
And they had LOTS of fun playing "tag" with the ocean!!!

A quickly learned (the hard way) that the waves are cold and powerful enough to knock you over :) (click on it to see A crying!)
Aren't those waves gorgeous!!
Mg and Daddy had a GREAT time building a huge sand castle (and my job was to keep the big monster (A) away so she didn't destroy it!)
A and I had lots of fun covering up her toes with sand and letting her wiggle them out...I was surprised at how long she enjyoed that game!!
Later we went to Fisherman's Wharf for clam chowder and bread bowls and a few souvenirs
Then off to our hotel in Seaside where we had a great night...I love my girls!
These two had lots of fun setting up their "house"...the hotel room had a front and back room so they had their own little house and they set up all their stuffed animals and were too cute!
The next day we drove to San Jose for a Mother's Day lunch with my mom's side of the family and then to see my dad's parents for dinner before we headed back home. We had wonderful visits, the kids were really pretty well behaved and I'm so grateful to live in such a beautiful place and to have family close by!!! It was a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

That sounds like a fabulous weekend! I'm so glad you stayed in a hotel, that's a lot of driving! Those pictures are incredible, what a beautiful day you guys had. I have fond memories of staying in hotels when I was little, it was so exciting! You guys are awesome and will be so missed!
|

Carol said...

Wow - great photos Sarah! The girls are adorable as always. We haven't been to Monterey since our honeymoon 24 years ago, isn't that terrible? We'll have to get some trip ideas from you next piano day!

Stacy said...

Wow! What gorgeous pictures. I love the girls playing tag. Mg is so cute in that picture by herself! I am so glad for you guys that you had a great trip. I am a little jealous!

Julie J. said...

I love this post! No matter how far I go or for how long, the bay area wiwll always be home to me. And I love seeing and reading about htose familiar places. I'm so glad you all had fun. Even little A after her big bad wave.