Note: Not sure I love this background but it's time to go...we'll look into fixing this later!!!
I PROMISE now that the chaos of the last few months is over I will update my blog on a regular basis again!! :) For now...here's a Christmas letter for all of you...with more pictures to come later (after Christmas!!)
Merry Christmas!! (I’m actually getting these out before Christmas…miracles do happen J )
As expected this has been a big year of change for our family. Jon graduated in December of 2008 from UC Davis with a PhD in Cell and Developmental Biology and continued to work in his lab until June. During that time he was able to get his work published and was even a “feature article” in the journal J We were very happy and proud! We then moved to
The kids knew that after Daddy had graduated we would be moving but they were thrilled to learn that we would be moving a few days after school got out to be close to their grandparents and cousins! We had a fantastic summer camping, having princess parties, going on outings and just being together!
Mary (9) started third grade this year and is enjoying her new school and loves her teacher, Mr. Alm. She loves science and continues to read everything in sight! Some of her favorites are the
Emily (7) started second grade and was happy to make some new friends and really enjoys her teacher, Mrs. Hays. She has become a fantastic reader and is enjoying math. Emily really enjoys the Rainbow Magic series and the Big Apple Barn series. She loves to play to play Super Mario Brothers on the computer (and is hoping that Daddy will get the new Mario Brothers game for Christmas!!) Emily also likes the school book club and enjoyed singing in the children’s choir for Christmas.
Meagan is growing up so fast! She just turned 5 a few weeks ago and is looking forward to kindergarten in the fall. She really enjoys a going to a preschool once a week here that has gymnastics and cooking and crafts and another preschool once a week with her mommy and her cousin. She is starting to read and play with Amy a lot! She is still my cuddly little girl and I love having her around! She loves animals, especially cats and dogs and loves to be mommy’s big helper.
Amy is our high energy 2 year old J She is sooo much fun although you can’t take your eye off of her for a minute or she’ll be up climbing on something or running off for more fun! Her sisters have trained her to be the family dog and she loves it…she imitates EVERYTHING her big sisters do and she is so much fun to watch! She loves to be with other people! Amy loves animals and loves to dance and dress up and do anything her sisters are doing.
I’ve enjoyed working with my mom the last several months putting all of our family history stories and pictures into books. I have enjoyed it although some days it seems to go so slowly!! We have met so many “new” extended family members and it has been like Christmas every time we get mail or open an email with a new family history picture or story! I continue to enjoy my crafts although there never seems to be enough time! Jon and I teach music to the 3-12 year old children at church and we absolutely love it! We all continue to miss our friends and family in
Jon’s family history websites: http://ahlstrom.weebly.com http://petersonhistory.weebly.com

6 comments:
Merry Christmas to your sweet family! Know we miss you guys to and wow sounds like Jon is doing incredible things with research! You are an amazing mother accomplishing so much and your girls are beautiful! Miss you guys!
Cute pictures. Jonathan loves family history research. Sometimes I tease him he likes dead people more than live people.
Yay! I am so glad you put the pictures up. You all look so lovely (and handsome Jon)! If I had a color printer I would print it and put it on my fridge!
Cute pictures! Wow, Meagan' hair is so long and gorgeous! I know everyone else's kids are growing as much as mine are, but I'm still shocked to see how much everyone has changed!
Oh, and Happy Birthday!
Your family is missed. You were such a great part of our ward. We love you!
We miss you too. It's so great to see what your family is up to. Your girls look so cute in their Christmas dresses.
Post a Comment