Thursday, August 23, 2007

dumb blog

I'm tired of making a beautiful post with pictures and text aligned nicely and then posting it and having it look completely different. I tried the same post about 5 times last night and it still doesn't look at all like when I wrote it, If any of you have a suggestion please let me know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lower your expectations. the underlying technology is html. without advanced features, which probably aren't supported by your environment, you can't align stuff with any kind of precision. And differences in system fonts can mean that what aligns properly on your screen might not look nearly the same on someone else's.

Bluebell said...

I always use the "center" feature for that exact reason. You can't align things the way you want when your pictures are on the left or right. So when you are uploading photos to blogger, on the left of the box make sure you click on "center" and then you can center you text, also, if you wish, or justify. I like pictures on the side but it bothers me too much on my own blog to have the text come out in crazy places. Hope that helps!

Bluebell said...

I meant to the right, just to clarify. The option for left, right, and center is on the right. Duh.

Cranberryfries said...

This is Debbie (Heidi's sis). Since your blog is wider than most I believe that is why it is able to fit several pictures across instead of along the side of the page. I have my blog turned on to accept hard enters (ie when you push enter it'll actually give you an entire line of space--or move your picture or words down a line). So for example on your entry below you could return several times to get your pictures to be underneath each other. Also I publish my entry to see how it'll actually look and then go back and edit it by using enters or copy/pasting my text in between my pictures or below them. Does this make sense? Let me know.