Thursday, August 16, 2007

She's here!

(full names have now been deleted) A. safely and quickly made it here early Saturday morning. We went to the hospital after our friends Amber and Chrisana made it to our house to spend the night with the kids. By 10PM that night I was still not having any decent contractions and J and I decided that we were both exausted and that I was obviously not in labor so we would go home and go back to the hospital in the morning to be induced (even if it was 3AM and I was just impatient). On our way home from the hospital I finally had a decent contraction...go figure. J fell asleep as soon as we got home and I began labor and just as I was starting to think about maybe going to the hospital I had an incredible contraction and realized I was in trouble. This was at 12:45AM. J quickly woke up and drove me chattering and shaking out of control to the hospital with instructions to NOT stop at the stop signs or stop lights (except for the one with the photo radar!!). Yes, this sounds exactly like E's birth story. Funny...it has the same ending, too!!! The contractions went from 7-10 min apart to 3 min apart in the car and they were nasty and I was fully aware that I was in transition and that I would probably not be getting an epidural. We got to the hospital and the midwife and nurse (who had just seen us a few hours before and knew that I was clearly NOT in labor) did not realize how close I was and were in no hurry to come and check us in or to check on my progress and I had to call them into the room and convince them that I was close and needed attention. I realized I was starting to push and I called them in and they quickly set up for the delivery! Despite my begging from the moment I walked in the door for an epideral it was quite evident there was not time. I begged and begged but I have to admit recovery has been much easier without all the needles!!! A was born at 1:58AM and weighed 7lb 3oz and was 19 in long. She was almost 2 weeks early and is absolutely beautiful!!! She looks more like E and Mg although she is definately her own little self. She has J's long fingers and toes. The girls absolutely adore here! They love that A will grab their finger and hold it. We're so happy and here's a few (okay, a lot if I get them all done) pictures to enjoy!
















No comments: