The good: I am completely convinced that A has started smiling. In the late late hours of the night when everyone but her and I have gone to bed she has smiled once or twice the last two nights. Yea! That certainly makes the late nights a little brighter and she is SO cute! I have been slightly concerned since she is 2 months old already and no smiles. It's not a surprise though because she has been SUCH a gassy baby - it's is what has been keeping her up until 2AM on a regular basis. She'll go to sleep and wake up 15 minutes later crying until the gas comes out and then she falls back asleep. These 4 hour a sleep nights have driven me to the bad part....I am on a no dairy product, no brocolli and no bean diet since Sunday morning. I LOVE DAIRY PRODUCTS!!!!!! I have half heartedly tried before but failed, especially when half hte family (including Jon) was sick and then all the family came. Sunday morning they left and I have been SO good since then! It has been so challenging, even just coming up with dinner ideas. I had planned to cut out chocolate but that didn't go so well :) Her doctor suggested trying no diary for a week. It has been 4 days and there has been so much improvement, and she started smiling. NOT GOOD!!!! Okay, it is, but I LOVE DAIRY!!!! She is usually SO cranky, especially in the evening but throughout the day as well and she has been in such a better mood the last 24 hours leading me to be very afraid that it is the dairy. She has her regular checkup tomorrow and we'll have a little chat with her doctor and next week we'll start to add things. I hope to figure out what it is and even if it is dairy at least I'll be able to enjoy my baby a lot more.
2 years ago

2 comments:
Well , may be is normal that she doesn't smile people said that babies when they are new born and they smile is because they are passing gas, you know , hehehe..I don't know if that's why, but I heard that here in the states..:P
I'm glad to hear that you're seeing an improvement. looks like a GREAT time with your family--what fun memories! here's to more smiles and less fussiness!!
Post a Comment