Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Random pictures

Here are some random recent pictures to catch up on...

The girls still love their "tea parties." We spent the afternoon making treats and getting dressed up (complete with makeup of course!). Fun fun! Here they are using a tea pot from my little brother and tea cups that their great grandma Marie made for them!
I'll admit it...I was proud! I've been having lots of fun baking lately, just something I've been experimenting with. So for an enrichment meeting I tried something I've been wanting to do for awhile...this is just a white bread recipe but M helped me braid it and I love how it came out! To make it golden I brushed it with egg before it went in the oven (ir raises a little more after it gets in the oven) and then the crust was harder than I wanted when it came out (due to the egg) so I quickly brushed it with melted butter which gave it shine and helped it taste yummy. I even experimented with making honey butter and was so happy (and proud...I admit it!!)
We love Legos!!!! At church several weeks ago we had a swap meet - we all brought stuff we didn't want anymore to the church and the next day we went and brought home stuff we wanted. The kids had fun - they each got to pick two things. E of course got a dress up dress and crown and M got a stuffed horse and a porcelin doll. We brought home some dress up shoes and a doll for Mg (who stayed at home to help Daddy fix my bike). But the BEST part was bringing home 2 boxes of legos!!! E has been having a lot of fun with legos at school so Daddy got a few lego things for Christmas (including lego star wars stuff of course!!) but we've been wanting to get a plain set to just build with (not one that was specific to make a helicopter or something). But they're expensive so we were SO grateful for these!!! They are perfect and we have spent SO many evenings together building (I think Daddy forgets he's the Daddy he's having so much fun!!!). I love things that the girls and Daddy both enjoy!
This is what happens when I eat lunch. I thought Mg was quietly playing in the playroom while I ate. I should have know that quiet was bad. She move the table to the bookshelf where the paints are, got the box down (I don't think she knew it was there but while exploring she happily found it!) and painted. Thankfully this is an extra shelf we have, not something special!!!
Watch out for the huge attack bird!!!! Tweety loves to be out of the cage and the girls (and daddy) love to have him around! During the last hour of conference we got the legos out and he climbed onto the castle that the girls were helping Daddy build!

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

My kids are just getting into Legos. RIght now it's our special Sunday toy so they don't think Sunday is such a drag.