Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Break pictures

Here are a few pictures from spring break...


M had learned about "Toad Hollow" in school and was bugging me to go see it, so as soon as E was healthy enough we went. We stayed a few minutes, then left because this is all there is to see. The story goes they wanted to build a street across a path used by the toads to get from one nice spot to another or something and if they built a street there the toads would get squashed so they built a tunnel for the toads. How nice, except someone forgot to tell the toads. If you want more information check out http://daviswiki.org/Toad_Tunnel and there is a link there to a sac bee story that was good, too. Anyways, M really wanted to go see Toad Hollow so we did. I think they were disappointed to not see frogs :)


Daddy using power tools to make the girls doll beds - yea daddy!! He had lots of little helpers!

After they were assembled we got to paint...yea!!! I don't have pictures of the completed projects, but making them was the best part!
At the end of the week we were watching "Alice in Wonderland" and decided to have an "unbirthday party" which turned into a backwards and silly party...it was fun!
I was sad to send the girls back to school but we did have a nice break together!

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

Sounds like fun. I miss our days of hanging out (canning peaches, making jam, walking, talking, etc.)