Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our Little A (that does not stand for "angel")

I love this baby! She is growing up SO fast - most of these pictures are alrady outdated but here they are anyways to show you what she is up to (and why I am SO much busier lately!!!)...

This child is obsessed with food. Want to see her throw a temper tantrum? Show her some food and then don't give her any! She knows when you open anything and has mastered how to crawl fast so she can get there in time for handouts! She loves water as well. We gave her her first piece of watermelon - she LOVED it! She quickly figured out which is the better side to eat and it kept her entertained for a long time!

My favorite stage for babies is when they can sit up and play, but before they can crawl. Since she loved her tummy so much she was a little slower to sit up but was so cute!

However, this stage was short lived...a few days later (literally!!) she figured out how to crawl!!!! It was crazy...and my life changed since now I have to keep track of her so much more and make sure the floor is always picked up. The first weeks of her crawling were really difficult for me. She is so happy crawling though!!
Whybother crawling when you can walk? After she figured out the crawling thing she decided it was time to start pulling up on EVERYTHING. I'm not kidding...this was all in the span of 2-3 weeks! She has been so happy moving and pulling up though...it's cute!! (she's not walking (yet) just likes to pull up on anything she can!)
Then the dreaded happened...she discovered the stairs. And, as with everything else, quickly figured them out. For awhile she only climbed them when she happened to find the stairs (which is hard since they hide at the back of our apartment) but one day I quickly went to the bathroom (am I even ALLOWED to do THAT anymore?!) and freaked out when I couldn't find A afterwards. E calmly said "oh, she's upstairs." WHAT??!!! Sure enough that little monkey had found and climbed the stairs to the top and into the bathroom upstairs (where there is a stool that she can pull up on!). This kid is so quick!!! I have a gate for the stairs now but I still let her climb them when I am behind her (I'd rather her know how to safely do it!). But when she climbs she is SO fast! She is also very happy and proud of herself!!! (little monster!). She laughs and giggles and if you come up from behind her and she squeals and tries to scramble even faster. If someone is at the top cheering her on (a favorite sister activity) she laughs and gets so excited!
(A's disclaimer...look at me...I'm sweet and innocent can't you tell!!!)
Don't let her fool you!

1 comment:

Gehmlich's said...

This is a really cute post. Jakob is the same on the stairs at my parents house. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that at home!!