Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer update

Hm, I haven't blogged for awhile. Sorry! We are switching over to a new computer and being the obnoxious person that I am I wanted to take the opportunity to clean up the computer. So deleting unncessary files, duplicates, etc. Then I realized I wanted to back up all of my emails which are substituting for a journal right now so it seems my spare time lately has been copying and pasting emails into word documents. I'll be happy when this is done, soon!!! I also got back into family history work and have made some fun discoveries and having a good time doing that. All of our pictures are either on the portable hard drive or on the camera and I don't feel like moving them back and forth to the log so I won't have new pictures for a few more days. But soon!

We've been enjoying summer. We've had some colds and such take turns among different family members so we haven't gotten out a lot but we've been doing lots of reading and library trips (and hooray for their free video collection!!!). The girls each have a sewing project they've been working on and just finished and as soon as the computer is done I hope to get picture for them to make a scrapbook of the last school year. Things to keep busy with during hot afternoons! And of course there's makeup time and bubbles and water bottles and such. Hooray for summer!!

I had one of those nights a few nights ago. I fed the baby about 10:30pm but by 11 I just couldn't get to sleep. I turned on the air conditioner. As I was almost asleep Mg came to crawl into our bed. It turns out she was coming down with a sinus and ear infection and was on antibiotics the next day :) About 11:45pm a burn I have on my arm started to itch - I tried to itch around it like I usually do but accidently scratched the burn scabs off and drew lots of blood. I finally stopped the bleeding and such and fell asleep after midnight. About 1:45 Daddy shot out of bed - he NEVER does this. If the house catches on fire at night time I will get the kids and bird out of the house and let the fireman know my husband is upstairs because I doubt we could wake him up. Okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit but he certainly doesn't shoot out of bed. Based on his actions I drowsily figured out that he thought there was a spider in our bed. He put Mg back in her bed and turned the lights out. 15 min later there was a spider on me and I knew it. I hit it and started scratching and my knight in shining armor again jumped out of bed, turned the light on and bravely destroyed the big black spider in our bed. That's the 2nd spider in the last few weeks...grr. So it took awhile for the adrenaline to go away but I eventually fell back asleep. AT 3am the baby woke up - she's cutting a new tooth and had a cold. I fed her and went back to sleep. She woke up at 5am again but went right back to sleep. At 6am her sisters decided it was time to get up - and it was time for me to get some sleep. My knight in shining armor galantly let me sleep in that mornining and we're grateful I had just gotten new videos at the library to keep the little ones happy while he worked. Best days of our life!!!

Today I was a horrible mom - and it was wonderful!!!! The smoke here has been absolutely horrible from all the wildfires burning the state up. You just choke when you go outside. The temperature has been crazy, too. The weatherman said we would get some relief tomorrow when the temperature drops to 105. That's relief!!! With the smoke and the temperature we have severe bad air quality and should not be outside at all. We've done pretty well in the house the last few days but last week we planned a play date for today at a fabulous park right next to the kids school. We planned it for today because that is when the kids "reading room" at school is open for 2 hours for us to check books out to read and we've been enjoying that so we were going to meet them right after we checked out our books. This morning the other mom and I decided maybe a 1/2 hour in the smoke would be okay - the kids just needed to get out!!! When we got there we discovered that the sprinklers were on at the soccer fields next to the playground!!!! Although it was 10:30am it was already in the 90's so sure - run around and have fun!!!! The kids just loved it and had a great time (I wish I had my camera!!!!!!). We ended up outside for 2 hours and totally soaked but ever so happy!!! And now they're quiet and tired and should be nice and calm this afternoon. I gave them a popsicle when we got home since my throat didn't feel great after being in the smoke - that redeems my bad mom status doesn't it?! I'm sure the popsicle will take care of their lungs too, right!!! Oh well...it was still fun and how often do you have a few soccer fields full of sprinklers going off to run around in!!! I hope the smoke goes away soon!

Well that's enough rambling for today. Look for some new pictures and such next week (I hope!). I'm off to go preserve some more emails!!

2 comments:

The Rodgers said...

Glad you had sprinkler fun. The one at the farmer's market just didnt' cut it. We were there for 45 minutes and still dying!
BTW online it says the high tomorrow is 109...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for comming last night! We need to do it again.