Do you ever have a day where you just don't feel like being a mom? Today is one of those days. There really isn't any major reasons, I just don't feel like making lunch, listening to whining, reminding people to sit right at the table, eat at the table, stop being so loud, asking them to clean up, listening to at least one person not like the food served, etc. It does seem like every time A hits a new milestone I get worn out (guess who's walking! and who learned to climb up the big step stool in the kitchen or who discovered how much fun mud is when my back is turned!). And of course school started so there are new schedules, new worries, adjustments to be made (for me, too!) and details to get worked out (like how and when is A going to nap). See - nothing major but all of it added up and I just don't feel like doing it!
Thankfully I have an amazing husband. Of course without this there is no way I would have so many kids. He is wonderful. He dealt with lunch while I read email, played Lego Star Wars with the girls while I took a short nap (A decided 2:30AM was a nice time to wake up), then he and M cleaned most of the house while they listened to the BYU football game this afternoon (M has been counting down the days til BYU football!) while I took E and Mg on a butterfly hunt and got out of the house (they don't care about football and I was tired of cleaning all week and never having it look clean!!!). Now he's finishing putting them to bed while I "express my emotions" on a blog. I'm not sure why I felt like doing that, but I am.
All is not lost - I have a craft project waiting for me, a girlie movie to watch (I haven't done that in a REALLY long time) and a Costco bag of chocolate chips in the fridge. And tomorrow will be a better day :)
2 years ago

5 comments:
What movie did you watch? Love those days when the hubby can be around and give us the day off of our normal activities! Things like lunches, dinner and cleaning up seem so simple but doing it day after day really takes its toll! But then after a day or two off you're ready to do it again!
I'm tired of cleaning too....Let's hire someone, k? :D
Venting is good! Now those frustrations are out and able to be dealt with. Congrats for being honest. You're doing great-keep it up! You are a super mommy to those girls.
You are so not alone! We have some friends that just got married and they called us to see if we wanted to go to a movie at 9:00...okay, #1, I don't think I could have stayed awake, and #2, we would have to get a babysitter....I forgot what those carefree days were like. I am so sick of cleaning too...
"I was tired of cleaning all week and never having it look clean!!!"
Isn't that the truth! I feel like I can clean all day and I'm still never on top of it all. Then it feels like, why even try?
Good thing for those amazing husbands. Chocolate, too.
Post a Comment