Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Finished!!

NOTE: I tried to send this post as an email to my mommy but stupid gmail (which EVERYONE said was SO wonderful!) will not let me embed pictures into my email without creating a document or some other random way. If I am wrong please correct me because I think this is LAME!!! Since many of your SUGGESTED I use gmail you can all suffer through a boring post meant for my mommy who loves me even when I'm boring (and who got me started on these projects!!)

A little background - I love crafts. I particularly love the kind where there are VERY specific instructions for me to follow. I am not creative but am happy to follow instructions and occassionally enjoy changing the pattern/colors slightly to fit my needs. I have tried many different types of crafts and love to try new ones. A year ago during a Utah trip my mom got me hooked on embroidery. I love it!!! It's quick, easy, fairly cheap and lots of fun. My kids even enjoy it now. I also LOVE seasonal things so I got some dollar store frames for my wall and I enjoy changing them for the different holidays and seasons. At least in theory. It seems I'm always behind. For instance, I JUST finished my fall ones. When I put them up I took down the spring project - somehow the summer ones didn't happen :) But since I can reuse them next spring there is hope that summer projects might happen. Anyways (I'm rambling) here are the fall ones - actually DONE, ironed and HUNG UP!!! Miracles happen!!I have to say there were a few color choices I was not happy with but hey, they're done and up!

This last trip to Utah my mom got me going on crochet. I learned from my Grandmommy how to knit growing up and later my mom taught me to crochet to put edges on baby blankets (which I enjoyed). I have always wanted to learn how to make delicate doilies and with Mom's help I learned to crochet last summer. I started with a few fun ponytail holders for the kids and such and recently finished my first doily - I AM PROUD!! It wasn't as hard as I thought and I think it turned out well! It was done awhile ago but I finally got around to starching and ironing it...what do you think!
That is a quarter in the middle to give you an idea on the size. Pretty cool, huh!I think it is SO important for Mommy's to have hobbies and activities that THEY enjoy doing so they have some enjoyable personal time. We spend so much time taking care of everything and everyone and it is so often that we forget ourselves, and that makes for an unhealthy mom. I'm grateful for an amazing husband who has learned the value of this concept and makes sure I am able to get together with friends to scrapbook or go to church activities and doesn't complain (much) when I spend money on supplies that are probably not necessary but bring a little happiness to life. For some reason it does me so much good to look around my walls and think "I made that" or to come home from scrapbooking and have a completed page to show my man. I'm grateful for the little things in life and joy they bring me (and for a wonderful mommy!! I love you!)

4 comments:

Dixie said...

Wow, I'm impressed sarah!

Jo Lynn said...

That is so awesome Sarah, way a go! I agree completely with Mother's needing hobbies, we would all go insane if we didn't have something to release ourselves in, other than our wonderful adoring children. LOL

JD said...

Awesome Sarah! Great work!

KPackard said...

Sarah, those look fantastic! I am super impressed and you did an awesome job. Now all I need to do is somehow become your apprentice... :)