...and then I feel like facing another week.
After a long day of cleaning I had to run an errand Friday night and I just happened to be going past the grocery store and these just happened to be on sale. Haven't had one in a long time. Forgot how good they are. Guess there's a few more pounds I'm not going to lose!
Toddlers
She is truly adorable. She is so excited just to be walking. She will walk in circles and just be happy she is walking. She is learning to be like her sisters - she is now obsessed with shoes and tries to put everyone's on, she wants to talk on a phone, she babbles when everyone else is talking, she loves to be held and to be snuggled (especially when I'm giving someone else attention!) and she's just so sweet and innocent!
A clean and organized home
I'm telling you - you're all invited to my house Saturday nights! It's amazingly clean - I love it!!! We spent part of our day doing another crazy mommy idea and baby proofed the playroom and made it more A friendly. Which turned into reorganizing the bedroom to make it more "older kid" friendly. Which turned into cleaning out the girls shelves (well, M's. E keeps hers well organized). It took all afternoon (and evening!) but it's done and I love it! (so does Mg and A!!).
A manly husband
Who replaced our brakes all by himself saving us $100. And it didn't take very long at all! I love that my girls were all outside checking out what Daddy was doing, just the way their mommy used to follow her daddy around! (thanks for being so patient Dad!)
A great city to live in!!!
It certainly has its quirks but I love the parks, the agricultural atmosphere, the animals, the bike paths, great schools and activities, etc. We've been happy here. We really love our friends, too!!
A cuddler
I love that Mg loves to just sit in my lap. She is happiest there. We make sure every morning after we take the big kids to school we come home and I tickle Mg and we laugh and giggle and then she grabs her bunny (or two or three) and sits with me. She loves back scratches, hugs and kisses. And it's great. There's nothing better than to give love.
Laughter
No matter how grumpy I am when I wake up there is nothing like a warm wiggly body climbing in bed for a quick snuggle and then their squeals as I tickle them. And then the squeals of their sisters coming to rescue. And then the big pile of bodies, toes, and belly buttons to tickle. And when Daddy comes out as backup the fun doubles. And I am in a good mood (although poor A is not - she hates it when the big girls really squeal and kick!)
A beautiful World to Live in
I like spring - it's my favorite time of year. I despise just about everything dealing with winter (except flannel sheets) and fall only means that winter is coming. However, we've had incredibly gorgeous 80 degree weather lately and the colors are starting to change and it is pretty and I've been enjoying the world. And life.
Education
I love to learn!!! There are so many things to learn about! I LOVE watching E learn how to read and to learn to love to read. She's starting to pick up books around the house that she realizes she can now read the actual words - and it's exciting! Someday I will have my own library - heaven to me! I love that M is learning new things and is excited to come home and tell me how many oceans there are in the world or her new book project she made. They're growing up so fast!!! (but they still love to just sit and have mommy hold them for a minute - especially if I promise to not tickle)
Faith
Family
Friends
Talents
Hobbies
Friends
Too many things to go into...but I have to say...
Family - I don't even know where to start when it comes to my family. What incredible parents and siblings I have. What an example. What an amazing heritage I come from - as I read stories of my ancestors and realize that they struggled so much so that WE could have a good life I am overwhelmed. To think back on all my parents gave us - the strength of their testimonies, family values, their hard work to teach us what is right. to have grown up so close to loving grandparents. I feel so frustrated that I can't tell you how much I love my family or how much I appreciate all that they have done and continue to do for me. It's impossible to describe or put into words. But I love them. More than I can ever express.
The gospel - where would I be if I didn't know that Jesus Christ loves me, that my Heavenly Father cares about me and needs me to serve his children (especially the little ones he has blessed me with). If I didn't know that my Grandpa and Great-grandparents are watching me and blessing me and are so close to me. If I didn't know that Christ loves me for who I am and yet still encourages me to be all that He knows I can be. What a great blessing to know who I am and that He loves me. Even when I'm far from perfect. I am loved.
This turned into something much longer than expected (all I planned to share was the chocolate!) but I am so grateful and happy. It's fun to make a list, and to realize what a blessed person I am.
I simply remember my favorite things....and realize I have so much to be grateful for!!! (especially those Haagen-dazs - man do those make your night!!!). I love you all!!!

2 years ago

2 comments:
Sarah, that was beautiful!
I love your post, what a neat way to describe all of your favorite things!
Post a Comment