Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Watch out world!!!...

Cause I'm intimidating!!! I got a call for an emergency meeting on this super crazy election morning - the "no on 8" people were standing too close to the entrances of some voting places (they legally have to be 100 feet away) and they were leaving their pamphlets on the voting table so we were to go to the precincts, look intimidating and report the problems. I was all ready, looking as tall and menacing as a 5'2 person carrying a baby can, but was disappointed - all was good at my places to check :) But man was I ready!!!

We put up the last prop 8 signs early this morning with the kids and then dropped off our ballots at a voting booth - they had stickers and kid ballots -the kids voted for the "tea party" (as opposed to the birthday or pool party!). Guess what we'll be doing tomorrow!!! It was cute and we had lots of good discussions driving all over the city before school this morning and I was grateful.

And above all - I'm grateful that election day is here and it is over!!!

HAVE A GREAT VOTING DAY!!!! DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!

4 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

We were passing out flyers a good 200 feet beyond the 100 foot mark and still we had people trying to tell us we were too close. I think there were probably some overzealous people on both sides. :)

Anonymous said...

I learned later tonight that after sending everyone out this morning to check they didn't find any other problems so we're giving them the benefit of the doubt that it was an uninformed excited person :) GLAD IT'S OVER!!!

B.G. Christensen said...

I'm glad to hear they didn't find any problems. In the training I went to on Sunday they stressed over and over that we weren't to go anywhere near that 100-foot line, so anyone who did so would have to be pretty stupid. Like I said, I had a few people yelling at me and telling me I was breaking the law when both the precinct inspector and the roving inspector had assured us we were just fine, so I suspect there are some people who don't quite understand the law here (or don't have a good sense of how far a hundred feet is) and their reports probably got passed along. If there were cards found near a poll they were likely left there by the voters we gave them to because all of the actual volunteers would have understood that doing something like that would only hurt our cause.

At any rate, I absolutely agree with you: I am so glad it's over.

Jo Lynn said...

Your awesome Sarah and now we have reason to feel confident that we did everything we could and that we heeded the prophets council! What a blessing from Heavenly Father that is passed!