Monday, December 8, 2008

Friday nights

We love our Friday nights. We trade off each week - one night is game night and the next Friday night is movie night. As soon as dinner is done the girls run upstairs to get their pajamas on and grab a stuffy, pillow and blanket while Mommy cleans up dinner and Daddy makes his special popcorn in his movie popcorn machine.
A few weeks ago the movie was short and we ended up playing "Simon Says" afterwards...it was highly entertaining! Little A loves to join in - especially when it involved clapping, dancing or (her favorite) turning around in circles!!!

Somehow the final action for Simon Says was "Simon Says to tickle Daddy!"
When that was complete and Daddy had tickled each of them their new game started "Neiner Niener Nierner" complete with arms waving in the air. You'll have to click on this picture so you can see the looks in the girls faces - complete excitement but also terrified because I happened to catch it just as Daddy started to take off to get them!!!
And of course to wind the night down Daddy read "Pirates Don't Change Diapers" Argh. Horray for Daddy!

4 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

What cute pictures and I love how ruffled John looks in that one picture of all the girls trying to tickle him.
I also love the idea of the elf on the shelf, I can't wait to do that for Savannah.
Sounds like Friday nights are a blast at your house and what an amazing Daddy they have!
Okay, here is the recipe:

1 cup sugar
1 cup powder sugar
1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
4 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. salt

Beat sugar, powder sugar & butter. Add oil, vanilla, eggs- blend well.
Stir in flour, baking soda, cream of tartar & salt. Mix well. Refrig. until cold.
Heat oven to 375. Flatten balls with bottom of glass dipped in sugar. Bake 5-8 minutes.
Frost or leave them just with the sugar....hope you like them!

Stacy said...

What a great idea! I think we might start doing something like that!

Aida said...

What great family memories you are making. Growing up, I loved Friday nights at my house- we always had a movie night. It was something that I really enjoyed.

Anonymous said...

sorry but that picture of the girls and Jon with their hands on head and standing on one foot looks like a DUI test! something we should know about Sarah??