Daddy and I went to a semi-formal church Valentine's dance on Friday. The kids asked me what I was going to wear and I told them I borrowed a dress from a friend. They asked me what it looked like and I said "all black." There was a moment pause and then I heard "That's boring" and "Are you serious?" I laughed and told them one day they would appreciate an all black dress :) Anyways, the next day they wanted to know about the dance and after dinner Daddy had on some music to do dishes by and the girls dressed up and started dancing...
Obviously Mg's doll didn't hear about the dress code :)
It was SO cute...little A saw everyone dancing and grabbed Mg's new doll that was all dressed up and started dancing!!! It made my night to see her spinning around like her sisters!!!
Eventually I couldn't handle the romantic music and drug Daddy away from the dishes (boy does THAT sound odd!!) and we started dancing to the slow songs and then the girls decided to cut in...
There was lots of spinning and giggles...
I told M that it was Mg's turn and Mg walked up to Daddy, did an adorable curtsie and asked "May I have this dance?" IT WAS SO CUTE!!!! To which Daddy replied, But of course and away they danced!
Sweet E had a little too much spinning early on in the evening and got hit by an out of control doll and watched most of the evening's events with her partner on the couch but we did get her to dance with Daddy for a little bit!
Later Daddy and I played the Wii with another friend and had a great time...I even won some so life was good! Happy Valentine's Day!!
2 years ago

2 comments:
How fun!!! I'm so glad you got to go to the dance and that you were actually able to find a babysitter. No one I knew was able to find someone to watch their kids, that's great!
Oh, those pictures are so sweet and I love little A dancing, just too cute. I'm glad you let the dishes sit and danced with your hubby and it's so great for kids to see us express love....happy late valentines day!
You have to tell me who in our ward were out there dancing, :)!
Your girls are great dancers! Where are your pics of you and your hubby dancing?!
Post a Comment