Monday, March 16, 2009

Light sabers and princess dresses...

Only in my house would a title like that make sense :) On our Disneyland trip last year Daddy fulfilled a childhood dream and bought himself a light saber...more technically a spring loaded one with lights and sounds :) Since then he has used random things around the house as a light saber for the girls to use and he teaches them the ways of the force. So for Christmas we got him another light saber (complete with lights and sounds but only Daddy's has the springloaded action!). Since then we have had many evenings (and many family home evening activities) centered around lightsaber fights, much to Daddy's joy!Ah ha...he cut off her arm!
They each try to "cut off" the other persons legs and arms and once that's done the fight finishes off with the belly button. ("The force is strong with you young Jedi")

I believe this is the first (and only) time that Daddy actually won! ("I am your father")
Sweet little A (who imitates EVERYTHING she sees us doing!!) had to get in on the action (I usually sit on the couch with her and the others waiting their turn to keep people away from the danger zone!)

("You don't know the power of the dark side")Usually the girls only get to fight Daddy but A insisted on taking Daddy's light saber and going after E and now everyone gets a short turn to play with A...I love this family!

2 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Too funny! You don't need boys for light sabers, although boys would not be wearing princess dresses, lol!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Up late with my baby and checking out your blog...Looks like you guys are having fun. Good to see that John is instilling the proper values! I can't believe how big your baby is.
P.S. Your pictures of the park make me so homesick.