Saturday, June 27, 2009

Water fight!

I have a lot of catching up to do...but not tonight :) All things considered we had a good move. The truck was too small but we knew it as soon as we saw the truck and were able to leave enough of our "hand me down" furniture to the side of the truck to get everything else to fit :) We had such awesome friends who watched kids, helped load the truck and helped clean the next day...you guys are seriously the best...THANK YOU!!! And let me tell you...I'm missing you!!! :) My inlaws flew in and helped us finish the cleaning and make the drive to Utah. They were such a great help...with all the craziness of the several days before we moved (the kids last day of school festivities and Daddy's graduation) we were pretty tired. We made it and had awesome family to help us unpack, somehow fit ALL of our stuff in a tiny storage unit (with room to spare...I am still amazed!) and watch kids so we could unpack. And through all of that we survived everyone getting colds. I'm glad that it's all done and we're settling in. It all doesn't seem real yet though since we're used to being here for a week or two for summer vacation...it's hard to believe we won't be coming back!

There are lots of graduation pictures and such to post but instead I'm putting up pictures from a few nights ago...it was a warm evening and we had finished dinner and were going to play outside. I found our squirt bottles and filled one up for everyone (including daddy) and positioned the girls outside the door to get him. He instead run upstairs, filled a bowl of water and dumped it on me. An all out water fight ensued. Daddy got the hose. From the safety of inside I taught the girls how to kink the hose so I could turn the hose off. Let's just say Daddy didn't like that and the squirt bottles were forgotten and all got wet :)







And last night we were house sitting (cat sitting) for my parents and enjoyed this beautiful rainbow! Hooray for thunderstorms :)

2 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Utah sure is beautiful!!! Love the water fight, how fun is that? We miss you guys to and we were all glad to help serve such an awesome family who's done so much for others!!!!

Pao said...

Oh Sarah! I love your blog , soo happy you guys are being busy having fun.Awesome! We miss you guys.I need to update mine but we are not as fun as you guys I cant imagine the kids getting Jason wet , he'll get so mad hahaha.
I love ya!