So I'm driving the kids to school a few days ago and we're listening to "daddy songs" - a collection of daddy's favorite songs including several from the group "U2." We were listening to one titled "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" and this phrase is repeated lots during the chorus. We have been listening to this song for years. All of a sudden M pipes up "I wonder what he is looking for?" I responded "I don't know!" All is quiet for a moment and then she decidedly says "I bet it is one of his toys." I told her that that was a good idea and it becomes quiet again. She then tells me that she wishes she knew what it was because she could help him look for it. I told her that was really nice of her. Quiet again. "Maybe it was a barbie. Or a stuffed animal. Or maybe it was a different toy." I told her those were all good ideas. As we approach the school she says that she hopes the he can find whatever it is. I hope so too.
2 years ago

4 comments:
Funny!! She's so clever..
Laughing out loud!
Funny!
Whoops! That last comment was from my. I hit return before I had time to type my name. I loved your story (and the rest of your blog for that matter...) --Renee
Post a Comment