It's been a week! A was sick all last week with a cold. Saturday night I started to get sick and thankfully stayed home from church with A to get some sleep. It was a good thing since I noticed A having a hard time breathing after I fed her around 11:00PM when I went to bed. She had a fever again and never seemed to be able to get her breath. The advice nurse had me talk to one of hte pediatricians in her dr office who told me to go right to ER - it sounded like rsv. Arter a long night there the rsv and flu tests were negative, they had given her a treatment and she sounded better so we headed home around 5AM. She didn't seem much better Monday and still had a fever so I took her to her dr office on Tuesday - 2 ear infections and some asthma drugs later we went home, just to end up at er again Tuesday night because she was breathing at 67 breaths a minute (50 is bad enough to go to er). They retested for rsv but it was still negative, her breathing didn't improve much but her oxygen levels were great, her lungs sounded great and she was flirting with the doctors like you wouldn't believe, plus her skin was a healthy pink so they sent us home and told us to not be suprised if we came back. That was what I wanted to hear! YEsterday she kept throwing up her antibiotics and didn't have much of an appetite but she seemed to feel better in the afternoon and started eating and kept down the antibiotics last night and this morning. She didn't sleep well but I'm hoping it was the ear infection and the total change to her routine (we're not usually up until 5AM and my nosy daughter didn't want to miss anything or any opportunity to show the doctors and nurses how cute she was so she was up!). So I think things are getting better. Luckily I have been through most of this with M's asthma so I knew what was wrong and what they would do, although M was 2 when she first started having problems and it was so sad in my little one. They said if A was 2 months younger they would have admitted her but she was just old enough and looked okay so we got to go home. The girls at home have been so good despite a lack of attention and energy from mom and Daddy has been wonderful letting me get a little extra sleep in the morning while Mg watches a video and he works from home. What a blessing. Hope everyone else is doing well and stay healthy!!!
2 years ago

2 comments:
Oh man! You get such luck with sick kids and ER visits. I'm glad everything is ok, though!
I'm glad she's feeling better. She's so cute and cuddly to be so miserable.
Post a Comment