Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Benefits of the 24 hour flu...

  • Finally got started on that diet
  • Empathy for the sick little ones
  • Increased love for the dear husband who was a fabulous mommy today
  • Increased love for friends - thanks for your help!!
  • Increased appreciation for ALL that I do - it's quite entertaining to lay in your bed all day and listen to life go on downstairs without you
  • Gratitude for an incredibly comfortable bed (wedding present from my parents - LOVE it!!)
  • Realization that I NEVER want to be pregnant again :) (Daddy commented this morning that he hasn't ever seen me this sick except for during labor and a lot of suppressed memories came back!)
  • Gratitude for a normally healthy body
  • Realization that things don't matter - I truly did not care AT ALL if the phone rang, the doorbell rang or if anyone emailed me...and life went on (but if you DID call or ring the doorbell would you let me know since I am curious who it was!!)

And the downsides....
Up all night and morning
An entire day off and I was too tired to even read or work on a project

Guess you won't be getting an update on pictures like I hoped today :) I'm grateful that I'm starting to feel better and look for that update soon :)

2 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

You are hilarious and I am so so sorry you've been sick. It's no fun being a mom and being sick, I'm glad you got lots of help though. :) Each time I'm nausea it's only a reminder of how much I never want to be prego again! :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh, always looking on the bright side!