Saturday, June 13, 2009

We're off!

Our family is officially moving to Utah next week so Daddy can begin working for Dr. Westenfelder at the University of Utah. Their research lab is currently conducting a phase 1 human clinical trial investigating the use of mesenchymal (adult) stem cells as a treatment for acute renal failure (kidney damage). Daddy approached this professor over a year ago because he was excited about being a part of this research and we're thrilled that he will be able to join this lab! We'll be living with his parents for the summer while we look for a place closer to his job before the kids school year starts, we're thinking maybe the Sandy area. We're REALLY sad to leave our family and friends and life here but we're looking forward to living closer to the Utah family and friends. We're not sure how we feel about Daddy working for our rival univeristy but at least either way "our" team will win the football game :) We'll keep our same email addresses and can get you updated address that way (especially for the kids...they would LOVE some mail!!!). We're grateful for the wonderful time we've had here in Davis...we'll miss you guys!!!

6 comments:

Carol said...

I wish I could help you get ready somehow in the next few days, but Katie hasn't even started packing so I think I'll be pushing her to get to work! We'll call you Tuesday to see how much room you have -- if you do have room for two small TVs and a few rubbermaid bins, that would be so great. But if not, no worries! You and your family will be missed by tons of people in Davis, including me! But congrats on this next step in your lives!

Anonymous said...

I can't write this in capital letters big enough...


WE ARE SO EXCITED TO HAVE YOU GUYS LIVING HERE!!!!!!

:-)

Jo Lynn said...

Sarah we are going to miss you so much!!!! You are one amazing mother, wife and fellow sisters in our ward and I'm sure I can speak for everyone, things won't be the same with out you!!! I do hope if you guys come back here you'll call us so we can come see you!!!! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help out with the move?

Best of luck with your future in SLC!

Michelle said...

Good luck on your new adventure :)

Aida said...

Yeah- how exciting, you get to be close to family! Good luck.

JD said...

I know you have pictures to post :) we miss you hope you can find stuff so you can catch us up on the blog :)